Friday, May 25, 2012

Recent Remixes and Some Stars mashed up

Viennese Duo Konea Ra, who released their debut Album "Pray for Sun" this March on Vienna Wildstyle and are thus effectively label-mates of mine, had a while ago invited me to do a remix of the title-track of their first ep and album. A task I tremendously enjoyed, as the track builds around a great Bass-Sax drone inviting deepness of various shapes and sizes to be further extracted from. The remix can be obtained by getting their Ping-Pong EP, which features further remixes by Ken Hayakawa, Dirty Delgado, Dada Inc. and  Weisz & Schenk.
Not really being the praying type myself I present the Agnostic Remix:


get this one via zero-inch, beatport, amazon, the one that starts with i, etc.
or get the album:








A little while after that good friend Lentonja Jackson informed me that Lamb, whose first eponymous album greatly inspired me back in the days, had a remix contest running. And while I've never been overtly active partaking in these sorts of competitions, I could not withstand this time...
... it became a remix "Of equal or sentimental value"


download while stocks last!

If those made you long for more hidari/emixes check out these two releases on laridae.at:

http://laridae.at/releases.php?release=laridae060
http://laridae.at/releases.php?release=laridae059
features: Unforeseen (A remix of Neon Refuse)
features: Lines (Hidari Remix)


on the incoming end: if you wonder how time affects Some Stars, Black Holes and 2x12", have a look/listen at this video on youtube:

Some Stars not yet Black Holes getting bend through various dimensions on 2 decks:



i was surprised what sounds emanated from this myself! good old vinyl! ;) a cool inspiration while I'm working on my new live program "The Big Black Matter Swindle" which will see the dark of existence for the first time tomorrow in Bratislava - see previous post!

No comments:

Post a Comment