Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Video to Sirius

This time around I managed to actually get a video together in time with the release of the new Album.



"Sirius" is the third track on Some Stars not yet Black Holes and originally around 11 minutes long. I decided to go for a shortened video edit with a shortened intro so the beats set in quicker. Then I also decided to master the track differently (with those cr*ppy laptop, etc. speakers in mind)...
You can get the Vinyl via the above link, or the digital goods here: http://tomorohhidari.bandcamp.com/album/some-stars-not-yet-black-holes

The video-footage was filmed on a fiercely outdated (and back then already) cheap digital photo-cam, all around Vienna at night time. This material was further "degraded" before I filmed the Led-Meter on a mixer while playing back the track. this added synced movement. From there on I ventured into unknown (and still not fully understood territories trying different alpha-channel maskings/mixings, before finally cutting the video from the thusly gathered material.

all of my modest video-works can be viewed on my youtubechannel

ps: I still have a half (optimistically) finished video for the Necrophonicon classic "Luciferette and I" laying about... hope I'll find time/muse in the foreseable aons...

No comments:

Post a Comment